Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Curry Drumsticks


Dear Readers,
This is now my 2nd time trying to perfect this dish, but yet again, I have failed. I'm not getting the taste that I've been imagining throughout 1.5 hr commute from work to home.  Why?  Am I trying to keep the dish, too, simple?  Hm... Maybe that's it.  And maybe the way I'm cooking it isn't helping to bring out the flavors. v.v  I'll have to try again, and hopefully, third time will be THE IT DISH. (sigh).  Until then, please go ahead with the recipe below and maybe help me out and give me some pointers on how to improve this recipe!  I'd really appreciate that... We can do this together!!!
Thank you,
Bella


1. 10 drumsticks- Make about 3 slices with your knife into the meaty area of the drumstick. This will help the drumstick obtain more of the curry flavor. Also, I boiled the drumsticks in a separate pot (with water) for about 3 minutes.  This method is used to rinse out the excess blood and juice out to keep the dish clean, and also it helps reduce the smell.
1/4 of red bell pepper and green bell pepper, 1/2 onion, 4 large mushrooms, 3 stalks for green onions.
(Cut ingredients as shown in the picture).


2.  The curry base- 2 1/2 cups of water and stir in 1/2 cup of curry powder- bring to a boil.
After 3~4 minutes of boiling, bring the heat down to medium, and keep stirring.
*I used Ottugi (오뚜기) Curry Powder.  You can find it in any Korean markets.


3. Add the drumsticks and onions and cook until onions soften, or I say about 10~15 minutes.


4. Add in the veggies and cook about 5 minutes.  You don't want to cook the veggies for long because it water down the curry sauce.


5.  Add in the green onions. Let it cook for about another 2 minutes and your curry drumsticks are ready to be served!

Wow, doesn't it look great in the picture?  Maybe, just adding a little salt can help?  I don't know what it is, but this isn't it.  ㅠ.ㅠ

No comments:

Post a Comment